SubjectRe: [RFC v5 net-next 01/13] mfd: ocelot: add support for external mfd control over SPI for the VSC7512
On 11/01/2022 10:28:15-0800, Colin Foster wrote:
> At the same time, mscc-miim can be probed independently, at which point it
> would create a smaller regmap at 0x7107009c
> (Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mscc-miim.txt)
>
> So the mscc-miim driver supports multiple use-cases. I expect the same
> type of "offset" idea can be reasonably added to the following drivers,
> all of which already exist but need to support the same type of
> use-case:
>
> mscc,ocelot-pinctrl, mscc,ocelot-sgpio, mscc,ocelot-miim, and
> mscc,vsc7514-serdes. As I'm bringing up different parts of the hardware,
> there might be more components that become necessary.

Indeed, I guess at some point you'll need the irqchip driver too. Until
now, what I did was handling the irq controller inside the mfd driver as
reusing the irqchip driver is not trivial. Ths create a bit of code
duplication but it is not that bad.

--
Alexandre Belloni, co-owner and COO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

  Last update: 2022-01-11 19:41    [W:0.553 / U:0.044 seconds]