SubjectRe: [memcg] 0f12156dff: will-it-scale.per_process_ops -33.6% regression
On 9/7/21 10:42 PM, Roman Gushchin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 10:48:06AM -0700, Shakeel Butt wrote:

>>> I'm not sure. For the second case we need to pack allocations from different
>>> tasks/cgroups into a small number of shared pages. It means the front cache
>>> should be really small/non-existing. For the first case we likely need a
>>> substantial cache. Maybe we can do something really smart with scattering
>>> the cache over multiple pages, but I really doubt.
>>
>> I think we need to prototype this to sensibly evaluate. Let me know if
>> you want to take a stab at this otherwise I can try.
>
> If you have time and are ready to jump in, please, go on. Otherwise I can start
> working on it in few weeks. In any case, I'm happy to help with discussions, code
> reviews & whatever else I can do.

(Quite looking at the dubious achievement "my upstream patch was returned personally by Linus")
Please keep me informed about these tasks too. Unfortunately I cannot help right now,
however perhaps we will need to backport these patches to OpenVz kernels.

Thank you,
Vasily Averin

  Last update: 2021-09-08 10:15    [W:0.208 / U:0.260 seconds]