SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ntfs3: new NTFS driver for 5.15
On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 8:19 AM Konstantin Komarov
<almaz.alexandrovich@paragon-software.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/Paragon-Software-Group/linux-ntfs3.git master

Oh, I didn't notice this until now, as I was lining up to actually pull this.

I probably forgot to say this originally:

For github accounts (or really, anything but kernel.org where I can
just trust the account management), I really want the pull request to
be a signed tag, not just a plain branch.

In a perfect world, it would be a PGP signature that I can trace
directly to you through the chain of trust, but I've never actually
required that.

So while I prefer to see a full chain of trust, I realize that isn't
always easy to set up, and so at least I want to see an "identity"
that stays constant so that I can see that pulls come from the same
consistent source that controls that key.

(We've also had situations where the chain of trust just didn't exist
_yet_, but then later on it can be established as a developer ends up
becoming more integral in the community)

Signed tags are easy to use - the hardest part is having any pgp key
setup at all, then git makes using the keys trivial with "git tag -s
.."

Linus

  Last update: 2021-09-04 19:35    [W:0.075 / U:2.112 seconds]