SubjectRe: [RFC 0/7] Support in-kernel DMA with PASID and SVA
Hi Mike,

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 14:22:34 +0000, "Campin, Mike" <mike.campin@intel.com>
wrote:

> I need support for mixed user PASID, kernel PASID and non-PASID use cases
> in the driver.

This specific RFC is for kernel PASID only. User PASID native use is
supported under SVA lib kernel API and /dev/uacce UAPI or driver specific
char dev. Guest PASID is being developed under the new /dev/iommu framework.
Non-PASID kernel use should be under DMA API unchanged from the driver's
POV. In fact, this proposal will map non-PASID and PASID DMA identically.

Thanks,

Jacob

Thanks,

Jacob

  Last update: 2021-09-30 17:18    [W:0.062 / U:0.464 seconds]