SubjectRe: [RFC 08/20] vfio/pci: Add VFIO_DEVICE_BIND_IOMMUFD
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 06:41:00AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

That should be a requirement! We have no way to prove that two
iommufds are the same security domain, so devices/groups cannot be
shared.

That is why the API I suggested takes in a struct file to ID the user
security context. A group is accessible only from that single struct
file and no more.

If the first series goes the way I outlined then I think David's
concern about security is strongly solved as the IOMMU layer is
directly managing it with a very clear responsiblity and semantic.

Jason

  Last update: 2021-09-29 14:29    [W:0.297 / U:1.184 seconds]