SubjectRE: [RFC 03/20] vfio: Add vfio_[un]register_device()
Date
On Wed, Sep 29 2021, "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@intel.com> wrote:

> [...]

Still reading through this whole thread, but type-based subdirectories
also make the most sense to me. I don't really see userspace wanting to
grab just any device and then figure out whether it is the device it was
looking for, but rather immediately go to a specific device or at least
a device of a specific type.

Sequentially-numbered devices tend to become really unwieldy in my
experience if you are working on a system with loads of devices.

  Last update: 2021-09-29 09:10    [W:0.190 / U:0.296 seconds]