SubjectRe: [RFC 15/20] vfio/pci: Add VFIO_DEVICE_[DE]ATTACH_IOASID
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 03:56:18AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

I would like to stop adding ioctls to this switch, the core code
should decode the ioctl and call an per-ioctl op like every other
subsystem does..

If you do that then you could have an op

.attach_ioasid = vfio_full_device_attach,

And that is it for driver changes.

Every driver that use type1 today should be updated to have the above
line and will work with iommufd. mdevs will not be updated and won't
work.

Jason

  Last update: 2021-09-22 14:58    [W:0.287 / U:0.524 seconds]