    SubjectRe: beaglebone black boot failure Linux v5.15.rc1
    On 9/21/21 11:40 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
    > Hi Matti, Tony,
    >
    >> Am 21.09.2021 um 18:07 schrieb Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>:
    >>
    >> Hi Matti, Tony,
    >>
    >> On 9/21/21 2:47 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
    >>> * Matti Vaittinen <mazziesaccount@gmail.com> [210920 08:23]:
    >>
    >> I have been able to boot v5.15-rc1 just fine on my BBB without any additional
    >> changes [1].
    >
    > Same for me with a v5.15-rc1 based kernel.
    >
    >> May I ask what is your BBB board version? My board is rev.A5C.
    >
    > I have an Rev B6 with EXP41 display attached. I think Matti reported a Rev C board?
    >
    >> I vaguely remember from all those years ago when I first enabled PRUSS on AM335x
    >> that some earlier BBB versions had some issues around PRUSS.
    >
    > What I am not using is PRUSS so it may (or may not) be disabled in CONFIG.

    Hi Nikolaus,

    Irrespective of whether you enable PRUSS configs or not (it's not enabled by
    default), the ti-sysc bus driver performs a enable and disable sequence during
    it's probe of the pruss_tm target-module. The module quirks are applied using
    the SYSC revision register value.

    The module will be disabled by the time you get to the console, and thereafter
    the enabling of PRUSS IP is done through pm_runtime API when the pruss module is
    probed.

    regards
    Suman

      Last update: 2021-09-21 18:50    [W:4.745 / U:0.212 seconds]