SubjectRe: [RFC 03/20] vfio: Add vfio_[un]register_device()
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 12:54:02AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

When done properly in the kernel the file:

/sys/bus/pci/devices/DDDD:BB:DD.F/vfio/vfioX/dev

Will contain the major:minor of the VFIO device.

Userspace then opens the /dev/vfio/devices/vfioX and checks with fstat
that the major:minor matches.

in the above pattern "pci" and "DDDD:BB:DD.FF" are the arguments passed
to qemu.

You can look at this for some general over engineered code to handle
opening from a sysfs handle like above:

https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core/blob/master/util/open_cdev.c

Jason

  Last update: 2021-09-22 03:01    [W:0.306 / U:5.716 seconds]