    SubjectRe: memcg: infrastructure to flush memcg stats
    On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 1:45 PM Linus Torvalds
    <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > So the kernel test robot complained about this commit back when it was
    > in the -mm tree:
    >
    > https://lore.kernel.org/all/20210726022421.GB21872@xsang-OptiPlex-9020/
    >
    > but I never really saw anything else about it, and left it alone.
    >
    > However, now Michael Larabel (of phoronix) points to this commit too,
    > and says it regresses several of his benchmarks too.
    >
    > Shakeel, are you looking at this? Based on previous experience,
    > Michael is great at running benchmarks on patches that you come up
    > with.

    Yes, I am actively looking into this and the discussion is happening
    at https://lore.kernel.org/all/20210905124439.GA15026@xsang-OptiPlex-9020/T/#u

    I would definitely take up with Michael on helping with running the benchmarks.

    We know the source of the regression which is queue_work() in
    __mod_memcg_lruvec_state(). Previously we were doing atomic addition
    up the memcg tree. I have to come up with an approach to reduce the
    calls to queue_work() in that path.

    thanks,
    Shakeel

      Last update: 2021-09-16 23:06    [W:2.423 / U:0.152 seconds]