SubjectRe: [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] Folios as a potential Kernel/Maintainers Summit topic?
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:15:29 -0400 "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:

> What typically happens is if someone were to try to play games like
> this inside, say, the Networking subsystem, past a certain point,
> David Miller will just take the patch series, ignoring people who have
> NACK's down if they can't be justified. The difference is that even
> though Andrew Morton (the titular maintainer for all of Memory
> Management, per the MAINTAINERS file), Andrew seems to have a much
> lighter touch on how the mm subsystem is run.

I do the Dave thing sometimes. We aren't at that point with folios
though. The discussions and objections and approvals are all
substantial and things are still playing out.

  Last update: 2021-09-16 21:27    [W:0.214 / U:1.300 seconds]