SubjectRe: [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] Folios as a potential Kernel/Maintainers Summit topic?
Date

> On Sep 15, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 02:03:46PM -0400, James Bottomley wrote:
>> On Wed, 2021-09-15 at 13:42 -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Would this be helpful? (Or Linus could pull either the folio or
>>> pageset branch, and make this proposal obsolete, which would be
>>> great. :-)
>>
>> This is a technical rather than process issue isn't it? You don't have
>> enough technical people at the Maintainer summit to help meaningfully.
>> The ideal location, of course, was LSF/MM which is now not happening.
>>
>> However, we did offer the Plumbers BBB infrastructure to willy for a MM
>> gathering which could be expanded to include this.
>
> Well, that's why I was suggesting doing this as a LPC BOF, and using
> an LPC BOF session on Friday --- I'm very much aware we don't have the
> right tehcnical people at the Maintainer Summit.
>
> It's not clear we will have enough MM folks at the LPC, and I agree
> LSF/MM would be a better venue --- but as you say, it's not happening.
> We could also use the BBB infrastructure after the LPC as well, if we
> can't get everyone lined up and available on short notice. There are
> a lot of different possibilities; I'm for anything where all of the
> stakeholders agree will work, so we can make forward progress.

I think the two different questions are:

* What work is left for merging folios?

* What process should we use to make the overall development of folio sized changes more predictable and rewarding for everyone involved?

-chris

  Last update: 2021-09-15 20:42    [W:0.076 / U:0.940 seconds]