SubjectRe: "BUG: Invalid wait context" in ls_extirq_set_type
On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 04:54:27PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > I did google for fixes for this kind of issues that were sent in the
> > past, but in my limited search I did not find any other driver which
> > uses regmap while under a raw spinlock.
>
> No problem with adding raw spinlocks to regmap, I think it's just nobody
> needed them before. I've not looked at the problem in sufficient detail
> to figure out if that's actually the best solution here but from an initial
> pass through it looks reasonableit looks reasonable

The question becomes how will syscon be told that one of its consumers
needs the regmap to use raw spinlock locking? The syscon regmap is
initialized before any of its consumers probe, AFAIU.

  Last update: 2021-08-25 18:05    [W:0.067 / U:0.500 seconds]