    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Memory folios for v5.15
    On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:59:52AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > But it is a lot of churn. And it basically duplicates all our page
    > functions, just to have those simplified versions. And It's very core
    > code, and while I appreciate the cleverness of the "folio" name, I do
    > think it makes the end result perhaps subtler than it needs to be.

    Maybe I'm biassed by looking at the file system and pagecache side
    mostly, but if you look at the progress willy has been making a lot
    of the relevant functionality will exist in either folio or page
    versions, not both. A lot of the duplication is to support the
    following:

    > The one thing I do like about it is how it uses the type system to be
    > incremental.

      Last update: 2021-08-25 08:41    [W:4.169 / U:0.000 seconds]