SubjectRe: Request for folios
On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:43:29 +0100 David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Is it possible to get Willy's folios patchset - or at least the core of it -
> staged for the next merge window? I'm working on improvements to the local
> filesystem caching code and the network filesystem support library and that
> involves a lot of dealing with pages - all of which will need to be converted
> to the folios stuff. This has the potential to conflict with the changes
> Willy's patches make to filesystems. Further, the folios patchset offers some
> facilities that make my changes a bit easier - and some changes that make
> things a bit more challenging (e.g. page size becoming variable).

It's about that time. However there's a discussion at present which
might result in significant renamings, so I'll wait until that has
panned out.

> Also, is it possible to get the folios patchset in a stable public git branch
> that I can base my patches upon?

I guess Willy's tree, but I doubt if the folio patches will be reliably
stable for some time (a few weeks?)

  Last update: 2021-07-14 04:11    [W:0.034 / U:0.348 seconds]