SubjectRe: [tip:x86/cpu 4/4] Warning: Kernel ABI header at 'tools/arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeatures.h' differs from latest version at 'arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeatures.h': 111< /* free ( 3*32+29) */
Em Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 07:38:26PM +0200, Borislav Petkov escreveu:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 02:07:36PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> > Apply the patch, try to build it, it doesn't matter where you build it,
> > only that after applying the patch I want to know if it doersn't build,
> > so that I can look at it earlier than when it gets to my attention by
> > merging upstream, etc.
>
> I believe if you give the 0day guys a step-by-step what to do, they'll
> probably add it to the lineup. :)

I think I already did it in a another e-mail.

> > We're doing it already, Peter wants to help me with it, and I think this
> > has value.

> Or, if we start doing that then they don't have to do anything.

Who? Previously its me doing this work, i.e. keeping things in synch.
Actually it is expected that people doing the kernel work don't touch
tools/ wrt adding the copy, there is value in the warning, in looking at
what changed, to see if we should change tooling in some way beyond what
automation in merely making the copy can possibly do.

What has value is checking that the process of addressing the out of
sync warning doesn't break the build, to point to things that will need
human work to get it back to a buildable state.

--

- Arnaldo

  Last update: 2021-06-08 20:08    [W:0.294 / U:0.332 seconds]