SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ARM: mstar for v5.14
Hi Olof,

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 at 01:15, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> Overall this is the right way to do it, but my tooling spotted a miss: You
> didn't sign off on at least one of the patches you applied (the UART one). Make
> sure you do 'git am -s' or similar so you have a S-o-b entry when you're the
> one applying the patch.

Ah, so there should have been a sign off from me for Romain's patch
after the existing tags.

> Mind respinning the pull request with that corrected, so we avoid getting an
> email from Stephen Rothwell about it too? :)

Sure.

> Beyond that, keeping an eye on how you sort patches when you have more
> material: In particular we keep DT, soc, drivers and defconfig updates in
> separate branches as much as we can -- sometimes dt-bindings need to be in both
> DT and driver branches, for example. That doesn't apply to this pull request,
> since the MAINTAINERS entry and the other one fix are fine to bundle (they
> would end up in the 'soc' branch at our end).

Thanks for the heads up. We should have one DT patch for 5.14 that
I'll send a separate pull request for.

> We can tweak that over time as you get more familiar with how we separate
> the streams of patches.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Daniel

  Last update: 2021-06-12 19:04    [W:0.041 / U:0.076 seconds]