SubjectRe: [RFC] /dev/ioasid uAPI proposal
On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 08:10:14AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

map+unmap or bind+invalidate is a policy of the IOASID itself set when
it is created. If you put two different types in a tree then each IOASID
must continue to use its own operation mode.

I don't see a reason to force all IOASIDs in a tree to be consistent??

A software emulated two level page table where the leaf level is a
bound page table in guest memory should continue to use
bind/invalidate to maintain the guest page table IOASID even though it
is a SW construct.

The GPA level should use map/unmap because it is a kernel owned page
table

Though how to efficiently mix map/unmap on the GPA when there are SW
nested levels below it looks to be quite challenging.

Jason

  Last update: 2021-06-01 19:43    [W:0.365 / U:0.172 seconds]