SubjectRE: [RFC] /dev/ioasid uAPI proposal
Date

Ok. but cant it use the same refcount of that mmu uses?

> This is some trick to organize the pinning into groups and then refcount each
> group, thus avoiding needing per-page refcounts.
Pinned page refcount is already maintained by the mmu without ioasid, isn't it?

> The data structure would be an interval tree of pins in general
>
> The ioasid itself would have an interval tree of its own mappings, each entry
> in this tree would reference count against an element in the above tree
>
> Then the ioasid's interval tree would be mapped into a page table tree in HW
> format.
Does it mean in simple use case [1], second level page table copy is maintained in the IOMMU side via map interface?
I hope not. It should use the same as what mmu uses, right?

[1] one SIOV/ADI device assigned with one PASID and mapped in guest VM

> The redundant storages are needed to keep track of the refencing and the
> CPU page table values for later unpinning.
>
> Jason

  Last update: 2021-06-01 14:05    [W:0.231 / U:0.228 seconds]