SubjectRe: [RFC] /dev/ioasid uAPI proposal

在 2021/6/1 下午12:27, Shenming Lu 写道:
> On 2021/6/1 10:36, Jason Wang wrote:
>> 在 2021/5/31 下�4:41, Liu Yi L 写�:
>>> I think it could fail in the IOASID_CREATE_NESTING. If the gpa_ioasid
>>> is not able to support nesting, then should fail it.

>>> yes. After attaching to gpa_ioasid, userspace could GET_INFO on the
>>> gpa_ioasid and check if nesting is supported or not. right?
>>
>> Some more questions:
>>
>> 1) Is the handle returned by IOASID_ALLOC an fd?
>> 2) If yes, what's the reason for not simply use the fd opened from /dev/ioas. (This is the question that is not answered) and what happens if we call GET_INFO for the ioasid_fd?
>> 3) If not, how GET_INFO work?
> It seems that the return value from IOASID_ALLOC is an IOASID number in the
> ioasid_data struct, then when calling GET_INFO, we should convey this IOASID
> number to get the associated I/O address space attributes (depend on the
> physical IOMMU, which could be discovered when attaching a device to the
> IOASID fd or number), right?

Right, but the question is why need such indirection? Unless there's a
case that you need to create multiple IOASIDs per ioasid fd. It's more
simpler to attach the metadata into the ioasid fd itself.

Thanks

> Thanks,
> Shenming

  Last update: 2021-06-01 07:11    [W:0.676 / U:0.132 seconds]