SubjectRe: BUG: iio: mpu3050: Wrong temperature scale
On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:14 PM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 11:26 PM Dmitry Osipenko <digetx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I found a non-kernel example
> > which uses a similar equation [1], but in a different form. The main
> > difference is that the Arduino code interprets a raw temperature value
> > as a signed integer, while upstream assumes it's unsigned.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://github.com/blaisejarrett/Arduino-Lib.MPU3050/blob/master/MPU3050lib.cpp#L111
>
> Oh that's nice. Room temperature as mentioned is 20 deg C
> I think?
>
> The divide by 280 part seems coherent in all examples.
>
> > Still, even if assume that the raw temperature is a signed s16 value, it
> > gives us ~35C in a result, which should be off by ~10C.

Actually here [1] it says in chapter 3.1 that room temperature is 35°C.

Range: -30°C .. +85°C
Room temperature offset: 35°C = -13200 LSB

[1]: https://www.cdiweb.com/datasheets/invensense/mpu-3000a.pdf

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2021-04-21 21:10    [W:0.440 / U:0.020 seconds]