SubjectRe: Linux 5.12-rc7
On 4/12/21 9:31 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 6:28 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:14 PM Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Qemu test results:
>>> total: 460 pass: 459 fail: 1
>>> Failed tests:
>>> sh:rts7751r2dplus_defconfig:ata:net,virtio-net:rootfs
>>>
>>> The failure bisects to commit 0f6925b3e8da ("virtio_net: Do not pull payload in
>>> skb->head"). It is a spurious problem - the test passes roughly every other
>>> time. When the failure is seen, udhcpc fails to get an IP address and aborts
>>> with SIGTERM. So far I have only seen this with the "sh" architecture.
>>
>> Hmm. Let's add in some more of the people involved in that commit, and
>> also netdev.
>>
>> Nothing in there looks like it should have any interaction with
>> architecture, so that "it happens on sh" sounds odd, but maybe it's
>> some particular interaction with the qemu environment.
>
> Yes, maybe.
>
> I spent few hours on this, and suspect a buggy memcpy() implementation
> on SH, but this was not conclusive.

I replaced all memcpy() calls in skbuff.h with calls to

static inline void __my_memcpy(unsigned char *to, const unsigned char *from,
unsigned int len)
{
while (len--)
*to++ = *from++;
}

That made no difference, so unless you have some other memcpy() in mind that
seems to be unlikely.

> By pulling one extra byte, the problem goes away.
>
> Strange thing is that the udhcpc process does not go past sendto().

I have been trying to debug that one. Unfortunately gdb doesn't work with sh,
so I can't use it to debug the problem. I'll spend some more time on this today.

Thanks,
Guenter

  Last update: 2021-04-12 19:32    [W:0.136 / U:0.308 seconds]