SubjectRe: How long should be PCIe card in Warm Reset state?
On Tuesday 30 March 2021 16:34:47 Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2021, Pali Rohár wrote:
>
> > > If I were to implement this stuff, for good measure I'd give it a safety
> > > margin beyond what the spec requires and use a timeout of say 2-4s while
> > > actively querying the status of the device. The values given in the spec
> > > are only the minimum requirements.
> >
> > Are you able to also figure out what is the minimal timeout value for
> > PCIe Warm Reset?
> >
> > Because we are having troubles to "decode" correct minimal timeout value
> > for this PCIe Warm Reset (not Function-level reset).
>
> The spec does not give any exceptions AFAICT as to the timeouts required
> between the three kinds of a Conventional Reset (Hot, Warm, or Cold) and
> refers to them collectively as a Conventional Reset across the relevant
> parts of the document, so clearly the same rules apply.
>
> Maciej

There are specified more timeouts related to Warm reset and PERST#
signal. Just they are not in Base spec, but in CEM spec. See previous
Amey's email where are described some timeouts and also links in my
first email where I put other timeouts defined in specs relevant for
PERST# signal and therefore also for Warm Reset.

  Last update: 2021-03-30 17:07    [W:0.094 / U:0.040 seconds]