SubjectRe: DMA direct mapping fix for 5.4 and earlier stable branches
On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 09:05:40AM +0000, obayashi.yoshimasa@socionext.com wrote:
> > > As the drivers are currently under development and Socionext has
> > > chosen 5.4 stable kernel for their development. So I will let
> > > Obayashi-san answer this if it's possible for them to migrate to 5.10
> > > instead?
>
> We have started this development project from last August,
> so we have selected 5.4 as most recent and longest lifetime LTS
> version at that time.
>
> And we have already finished to develop other device drivers,
> and Video converter and CODEC drivers are now in development.
>
> > Why pick a kernel that doesn not support the features they require?
> > That seems very odd and unwise.
>
> From the view point of ZeroCopy using DMABUF, is 5.4 not
> mature enough, and is 5.10 enough mature ?
> This is the most important point for judging migration.

How do you judge "mature"?

And again, if a feature isn't present in a specific kernel version, why
would you think that it would be a viable solution for you to use?

good luck!

greg k-h

  Last update: 2021-02-09 10:31    [W:0.121 / U:0.796 seconds]