SubjectRE: Pstore : Query on using ramoops driver for DDR
Date
> Can we use existing backend pstore ram driver (fs/pstore/ram.c) for DDR
> instead of SRAM ?

The expectation for pstore is that the system will go through a reset when it
crashes. Most systems do not preserve DDR contents across reset.

> Was the current driver written only to support persistant RAM like SRAM
> or it can accept further change

Linux is in a constant state of change :-)

> to support DDR, If we have a mechanism to copy stored data from DDR to
> external device after the crash.

See above about DDR contents. But if you have a platform that does preserve
DDR contents until your "mechanism" can copy the pstore buffer, then post
a patch.

-Tony

  Last update: 2021-02-10 01:42    [W:0.122 / U:0.188 seconds]