[lkml]   [2021]   [Feb]   [5]   [last100]   RSS Feed

> >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> On 2/5/21 11:24 AM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
    > >>> Em Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 11:10:08AM -0800, Yonghong Song escreveu:
    > >>>> On 2/5/21 11:06 AM, Sedat Dilek wrote:
    > >>>>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 7:53 PM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >>>>> Grepping through linux.git/tools I guess some BTF tools/libs need to
    > >>>>> know what BTF_INT_UNSIGNED is?
    > >>>
    > >>>> BTF_INT_UNSIGNED needs kernel support. Maybe to teach pahole to
    > >>>> ignore this for now until kernel infrastructure is ready.
    > >>>
    > >>> Yeah, I thought about doing that.
    > >>>
    > >>>> Not sure whether this information will be useful or not
    > >>>> for BTF. This needs to be discussed separately.
    > >>>
    > >>> Maybe search for the rationale for its introduction in DWARF.
    > >>
    > >> case dwarf::DW_ATE_unsigned:
    > >> case dwarf::DW_ATE_unsigned_char:
    > >> BTFEncoding = 0;
    > >> break;
    > >>
    > >> I think DW_ATE_unsigned can be ignored in pahole since
    > >> the default encoding = 0. A simple comment is enough.
    > >>
    > > Yonghong Son, do you have a patch/diff for me?
    > Looking at error message from log:
    > LLVM_OBJCOPY=/opt/binutils/bin/objcopy /opt/pahole/bin/pahole -J
    > .tmp_vmlinux.btf
    > [115] INT DW_ATE_unsigned_1 Error emitting BTF type
    > Encountered error while encoding BTF.
    > Not exactly what is the root cause. Maybe bt->bit_size is not
    > encoded correctly. Could you put vmlinux (in the above it is
    > .tmp_vmlinux.btf) somewhere, I or somebody else can investigate
    > and provide a proper fix.

[ TO: Masahiro ]

Thanks for taking care Yonghong - hope this is your first name, if not
    I am sorry.
    In case of mixing my first and last name you will make me female -
    Dilek is a Turkish female first name :-).
    So, in some cultures you need to be careful.

Anyway... back to business and facts.

Out of frustration I killed my last build via `make distclean`.
    The whole day I tested diverse combination of GCC-10 and LLVM-12
    together with BTF Kconfigs, selfmade pahole, etc.

I will do ne run with some little changes:

#1: Pass LLVM_IAS=1 to make (means use Clang's Integrated ASsembler -
    as per Nick this leads to the same error - should be unrelated)
    #2: I did: DEBUG_INFO_COMPRESSED y -> n

#2 I did in case you need vmlinux and I have to upload - I will
    compress the resulting vmlinux with ZSTD.
    You need vmlinux or .tmp_vmlinux.btf file?
    Nick was not allowed from his company to download from a Dropbox link.
    So, as an alternative I can offer GoogleDrive...
    ...or bomb into your INBOX :-).

Now, why I CCed Masahiro:

In case of ERRORs when running `scripts/link-vmlinux.sh` above files
    will be removed.

Last, I found a hack to bypass this - means to keep these files (I
    need to check old emails).

Masahiro, you see a possibility to have a way to keep these files in
    case of ERRORs without doing hackery?

From a previous post in this thread:

+ info BTF .btf.vmlinux.bin.o
    + [ != silent_ ]
    + printf %-7s %s\n BTF .btf.vmlinux.bin.o
    BTF .btf.vmlinux.bin.o
    + LLVM_OBJCOPY=llvm-objcopy /opt/pahole/bin/pahole -J .tmp_vmlinux.btf
    [2] INT long unsigned int Error emitting BTF type
    Encountered error while encoding BTF.
    + llvm-objcopy --only-section=.BTF --set-section-flags
    make[3]: *** [Makefile:1166: vmlinux] Error 255

^^^ Look here.

Thanks.

Regards,
    - Sedat -

Last update: 2021-02-06 05:59    [W:14.173 / U:0.016 seconds]
    ©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site