SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] cifs fixes
Date
Hi Linus,

>> Do you know about the Zen3 status, I was thinking to replace the system
>> by this one with AMD Ryzen 9 5950X:
>
> I have heard nothing but good things about Zen3 so far (apart from
> apparently people complaining about availability), but it's only been
> out a few months, so obviously coverage is somewhat limited.
>
> I wish AMD hadn't decimated their Linux team (several years ago), and
> they definitely had some embarrassing issues early on with Zen (apart
> from the Zen 1 stability issues, they've screwed up rdrand at least
> three times, iirc). But I've yet to hear of any Zen 3 issues, and I
> suspect I'll upgrade when Threadripper comes out (I've become quite
> spoiled by the build speeds of my Threadripper 3970X - the only thing
> I miss is the better 'perf' support from Intel PEBS).
>
> Note that I'm not necessarily the person who would hear about any
> issues first, though, so take the above with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for the hints! While we're waiting for the Ryzen 9 5950X machine
to get ready, I upgraded the Ryzen Threadripper 2950X to a 5.10 kernel
and we didn't had a freeze yet again.

Do you think 5.10 would be good for the Ryzen 9 5950X too?

Thanks!
metze

  Last update: 2021-02-20 00:50    [W:0.063 / U:0.304 seconds]