SubjectRe: [RFC 1/2] mm: disable LRU pagevec during the migration temporarily
On Wed 17-02-21 13:32:05, Minchan Kim wrote:

> > > It's also spin_lock_irq_save in some arch. If the new synchonization is
> > > heavily compilcated, atomic would be better for simple start but I thought
> > > this locking scheme is too simple so no need to add atomic operation in
> > > readside.
> >
> > What arch uses a spinlock for atomic_read()? I just had a quick grep and
> > didn't see any.
>
> Ah, my bad. I was confused with update side.
> Okay, let's use atomic op to make it simple.

Thanks. This should make the code much more simple. Before you send
another version for the review I have another thing to consider. You are
kind of wiring this into the migration code but control over lru pcp
caches can be used in other paths as well. Memory offlining would be
another user. We already disable page allocator pcp caches to prevent
regular draining. We could do the same with lru pcp caches.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2021-02-18 11:26    [W:0.075 / U:0.024 seconds]