SubjectRe: Kernel driver: W1 DALLAS’S 1-WIRE BUS inv alid calculation
From

On 11/29/21 11:26, K. wrote:
> Dear kernel-driver developers,
>
> I believe there is a mistake in calculation of the fine part of the temperature value as received from 1-Wire DS18x20-family sensors.
>
> The current implementation does indeed follow the official datasheet, but exactly the datasheet seems to be incorrect in this place.
>
> Datasheet: https://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS18S20.pdf
> says two different things on Page 6:

[snip]

> For your info: I have contacted Evgeniy P. as an author of the driver, but according to the response, he is not maintaining the driver anymore. That's why a question to all of you, if anyone could take a look at this please.

Evgeniy, if this is correct, please send a patch to update the W1 entry in the MAINTAINERS file
to Orphan status. (or at a minimum, reply and ask someone else to do that [e.g., me])

I don't have any idea who could take over as being the W1 maintainer.

Thanks.

--
~Randy

  Last update: 2021-11-30 01:16    [W:2.328 / U:0.552 seconds]