    SubjectRe: [Patch v5 0/3] Introduce a driver to support host accelerated access to Microsoft Azure Blob for Azure VM
    Date
    Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> writes:

    > Not to mention the whole crazy idea of "let's implement our REST api
    > that used to go over a network connection over an ioctl instead!"
    > That's the main problem that you need to push back on here.
    >
    > What is forcing you to put all of this into the kernel in the first
    > place? What's wrong with the userspace network connection/protocol that
    > you have today?
    >
    > Does this mean that we now have to implement all REST apis that people
    > dream up as ioctl interfaces over a hyperv transport? That would be
    > insane.

    As far as I understand, the purpose of the driver is to replace a "slow"
    network connection to API endpoint with a "fast" transport over
    Vmbus. So what if instead of implementing this new driver we just use
    Hyper-V Vsock and move API endpoint to the host?

    --
    Vitaly

      Last update: 2021-10-08 13:11    [W:4.161 / U:0.068 seconds]