SubjectRe: BMI160 accelerometer on AyaNeo tablet
I also suspect a mistake from the hardware vendors.

I attached all DSDT decompiled, which shows that they indeed use that
ID, and I also attached the windows driver .INF which was published on
their website with the driver (https://www.ayaneo.com/downloads)

They are a small startup so they might have used the realtek ID by mistake.
I added them to the CC.

BTW, I also notice a rotation matrix embedded in DSTD, but the linux's
BMI160 driver doesn't recognize it.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 6:31 PM Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> +Cc: Realtek people whom I found in MAINTAINERS or so. Please
> waterfall to the people inside Realtek who can answer the question.
> (Note, you may access this discussion in full via:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iio/CACAwPwYQHRcrabw9=0tvenPzAcwwW1pTaR6a+AEWBF9Hqf_wXQ@mail.gmail.com/T/#u)
>
> The problem here is to have an official confirmation of what 10ec:5280
> ID is from Realtek's point of view. Context: the current discussion
> and a patch state that it's related to gyro sensor. Is it so?
>
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 6:36 AM Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 7:19 PM Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I recently bought this device, and it has this accelerometer/gyroscope.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, the device is advertised in ACPI as 10EC5280, instead of BMI0160
> > >
> > > I attached a patch that does add this 10EC5280 to the list of ACPI ids of this driver, and the device seems to work fine, showing both acceleration and angular velocity in /sys IIO attributes with reasonable values.
> > >

> > ( resend using plain text - reminds me to never use Gmail's web
> > interface, even on weekends .)
>

> --
> With Best Regards,
> Andy Shevchenko
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/zip]

  Last update: 2021-10-18 20:03    [W:0.858 / U:0.192 seconds]