SubjectRe: Linux 5.11-rc2
On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 04:13:08PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok, let's be honest - not a lot has happened in the last week or two.
>
> The merge window itself may not have been hugely impacted by the
> holiday season, but that's because all the new code should already
> have been ready before the merge window even opened, so the holidays
> just didn't end up affecting things all that much.
>
> But people have (rightly) mostly been offline since, presumably
> over-eating and doing all the other traditional holiday things. And
> just generally not being hugely active. That very much shows in a tiny
> rc2 release.
>
> I expect next week to slowly start ramping up fixes, but I know some
> people are still on vacation or just in an extended food coma, and
> there's a delay from testing to fixes, so we'll see. Maybe rc3 ends up
> being fairly small too.
>
> It's much too early to say whether this will then end up causing some
> delays in the final release - it's possible, but with 5.11 not being a
> particularly big release maybe it doesn't even matter that we had a
> fairly quiet week or two in the early rc series.
>
> Anyway, for whatever reasons, the few fixes we _do_ have in rc2 tend
> to be mostly in SCSI and block devices. But there's a random
> smattering of other things too. For once, the shortlog is so small
> that you might as well just read it.
>
> Time to slowly crawl out from under all the xmas wrapping paper piles
> and go test...

Build results:
total: 153 pass: 151 fail: 2
Failed builds:
arm64:allmodconfig
ia64:defconfig
Qemu test results:
total: 430 pass: 428 fail: 2
Failed tests:
arm:raspi2:multi_v7_defconfig:bcm2836-rpi-2-b:initrd
arm:raspi2:multi_v7_defconfig:sd:bcm2836-rpi-2-b:rootfs

arm64:allmodconfig:

ERROR: modpost: "irq_check_status_bit" [drivers/perf/arm_spe_pmu.ko] undefined!

ia64:defconfig:

include/linux/mmzone.h:1156:2: error: #error Allocator MAX_ORDER exceeds SECTION_SIZE

arm:raspi2 boot tests stall during boot.

Problems are as already reported against v5.11-rc1.

Guenter

  Last update: 2021-01-05 19:49    [W:0.051 / U:0.328 seconds]