SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Crash after mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout
Hi Mike,

Actually I have a serial console attached (via servo device), but
there is no output :( and also the reboot/crash is very fast/immediate
after power on.

Best regards
Lukasz

śr., 27 sty 2021 o 11:05 Mike Rapoport <rppt@linux.ibm.com> napisał(a):

> Hi Lukasz,
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:22:29AM +0100, Łukasz Majczak wrote:
> > Crash after mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout
> >
> > Hi,
> > I was trying to run v5.11-rc5 on my Samsung Chromebook Pro (Caroline),
> > but I've noticed it has crashed - unfortunately it seems to happen at
> > a very early stage - No output to the console nor to the screen, so I
> > have started a bisect (between 5.11-rc4 - which works just find - and
> > 5.11-rc5),
> > bisect results points to:
> >
> > d3921cb8be29 mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout
> >
> > Reproduction is just to build and load the kernel.
> >
> > If it will help any how I am attaching:
> > - /proc/cpuinfo (from healthy system):
> > https://gist.github.com/semihalf-majczak-lukasz/3517867bf39f07377c1a785b64a97066
> > - my .config file (for a broken system):
> > https://gist.github.com/semihalf-majczak-lukasz/584b329f1bf3e43b53efe8e18b5da33c
> >
> > If there is anything I could add/do/test to help fix this please let me know.
>
> Chris Wilson also reported boot failures on several Chromebooks:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/161160687463.28991.354987542182281928@build.alporthouse.com
>
> I presume serial console is not an option, so if you could boot with
> earlyprintk=vga and see if there is anything useful printed on the screen
> it would be really helpful.
>
> > Best regards
> > Lukasz
>
> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Mike.

  Last update: 2021-01-27 11:12    [W:0.064 / U:0.136 seconds]