SubjectRe: [f2fs-dev] Question about STEP_DECOMPRESS_NOWQ
Hi Daeho,

On 2020/9/9 12:43, Daeho Jeong wrote:
> Hi Chao,
>
> I have a question about the below flag for decompression.
>
> STEP_DECOMPRESS_NOWQ, /* handle normal cluster data inplace */
>
> According to the comment, you added this for using inplace

I added this for the condition that: in compressed inode, partial clusters are
written as normal (non-compressed) one due to bad compress ratio, during reading
data in normal cluster, we don't need to queue them in workqueue, instead, we
can just handle them in IRQ context (end_io()).

That says, if all pages in bio are non-compressed, we tag step w/ STEP_DECOMPRESS_NOWQ,
once there is at least one page is compressed, we change step to
STEP_DECOMPRESS.

> decompression but inplace decompression mode is not being activated

'inplace decompression' means decompress in
a. reader thread or
b. IRQ context ?

Thanks