SubjectRe: remove alloc_vm_area v2
On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 4:48 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 03:43:30PM +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:
> > Hmm, those are both committed after our last -next pull request, so they
> > would normally only target next merge window. drm-next closes the merge
> > window around -rc5 already.
> >
> > But, in this specific case those are both Fixes: patches with Cc: stable,
> > so they should be pulled into drm-intel-next-fixes PR.
> >
> > Rodrigo, can you cherry-pick those patches to -next-fixes that you send
> > to Dave?
>
> They still haven't made it to linux-next. I think for now I'll just
> rebase without them again and then you can handle the conflicts for
> 5.11.

Yeah after -rc6 drm is frozen for features, so anything that's stuck
in subordinate trees rolls over to the next merge cycle. To avoid
upsetting sfr from linux-next we keep those -next branches out of
linux-next until after -rc1 again. iow, rebasing onto linux-next and
smashing this into 5.10 sounds like the right approach (since everyone
else freezes a bunch later afaik).

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2020-09-30 20:37    [W:0.056 / U:5.368 seconds]