SubjectRe: [patch V2 00/46] x86, PCI, XEN, genirq ...: Prepare for device MSI
Hi Thomas/Jason,

On 9/30/2020 8:20 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30 2020 at 08:43, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

>>> Your IMS patches? Why do you need something special again?

By IMS patches, I meant your IMS driver patch that was updated (as it
was untested, it had some compile

errors and we removed the IMS_QUEUE parts) :

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/160021246221.67751.16280230469654363209.stgit@djiang5-desk3.ch.intel.com/

and some iommu related changes required by IMS.

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/160021246905.67751.1674517279122764758.stgit@djiang5-desk3.ch.intel.com/

The whole patchset can be found here:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/f4a085f1-f6de-2539-12fe-c7308d243a4a@intel.com/

It would be great if you could review the IMS patches :)

>>> As I don't have any hardware to test that, I was waiting for you and
>>> Jason to confirm that this actually works for the two different IMS
>>> implementations.
>> How urgently do you need this? The code looked good from what I
>> understood. It will be a while before we have all the parts to send an
>> actual patch though.
> I personally do not need it at all :) Megha might have different
> thoughts...

I have tested these patches and it works fine (I had to add a couple of
EXPORT_SYMBOLS).

We were hoping to get IMS in the 5.10 merge window :)

>> We might be able to put together a mockup just to prove it
> If that makes Megha's stuff going that would of course be appreciated,
> but we can defer the IMS_QUEUE part for later. It's orthogonal to the
> IMS_ARRAY stuff.

In our patch series, we have removed the IMS_QUEUE stuff and retained
only the IMS_ARRAY parts

as that was sufficient for us.

> Thanks,
>
> tglx

  Last update: 2020-09-30 19:25    [W:0.191 / U:1.860 seconds]