SubjectRe: ..and it built and boots without a fuss! Linux 5.9-rc7
On 14:56 Sun 27 Sep 2020, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>So we finally have all the issues I know about sorted out - the fix
>for the VM issue I mentioned in the rc6 announcement is here, as is
>the fix for the slab corruption issue that was separately discussed,
>along with another silly page locking bug one-liner fix.
>
>But while I do now know of any remaining gating issues any more, the
>fixes came in fairly late. So unless I feel insanely optimistic and/or
>a burning bush tells me that everything is bug-free, my plan right now
>is that I'll do another rc next Sunday rather than the final 5.9
>release. And btw, please no more burning bushes. We're kind of
>sensitive about those on the West coast right now.
>
>Anyway, while the MM side is what kept me on my toes last week, most
>of the changes here are actually drivers and networking. And
>networking drivers. With a small smattering of documentation and
>filesystem fixes and other noise thrown in.
>
>Shortlog appended, but what I really hope you all will do is to give
>it a nice good testing. One extra week or rc kernels will help, but
>only if people actually try this out.

Well, something trivial for your eyes!

5.191189] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[ 5.195216] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 5.216432] sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] scsi3-mmc drive: 4x/4x cd/rw xa/form2 tray
[ 5.217571] cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[ 5.259708] tsc: Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 2194.917 MHz
[ 5.260783] clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x1fa37107ca2, max_idle_ns: 440795258165 ns
[ 5.262035] clocksource: Switched to clocksource tsc
[ 5.275091] Key type encrypted registered
[ 5.285337] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[ 5.306124] md: Waiting for all devices to be available before autodetect
[ 5.307345] md: If you don't use raid, use raid=noautodetect
[ 5.309091] md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
[ 5.309996] md: autorun ...
[ 5.310354] md: ... autorun DONE.
[ 5.495612] EXT4-fs (sda): recovery complete
[ 5.511867] EXT4-fs (sda): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ 5.514269] ext4 filesystem being mounted at /root supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
[ 5.516852] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 8:0.
[ 5.531445] devtmpfs: mounted
[ 5.600919] Freeing unused decrypted memory: 2040K
[ 5.809762] Freeing unused kernel image (initmem) memory: 1600K
[ 5.812846] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 26624k
[ 5.822103] Freeing unused kernel image (text/rodata gap) memory: 2040K
[ 5.830467] Freeing unused kernel image (rodata/data gap) memory: 876K
[ 5.832276] rodata_test: all tests were successful
[ 5.833948] Run /sbin/init as init process
[ 6.264201] EXT4-fs (sda): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[ 6.266284] ext4 filesystem being remounted at / supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
Starting syslogd: OK
Starting klogd: OK
Running sysctl: [ 7.674742] random: crng init done
OK
Initializing random number generator: OK
Saving random seed: OK
Starting network: OK

Welcome to Buildroot_Linux
Bhaskar_Thinkpad_x250 login: root
# uname -a
Linux Bhaskar_Thinkpad_x250 5.9.0-rc7-Gentoo #1 SMP Mon Sep 28 06:16:34 IST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

~Bhaskar

> [...]
> spi: spi-fsl-dspi: use XSPI mode instead of DMA for DPAA2 SoCs
> net: mscc: ocelot: fix race condition with TX timestamping
> net: mscc: ocelot: add locking for the port TX timestamp ID
> net: dsa: seville: fix buffer size of the queue system
> net: mscc: ocelot: check for errors on memory allocation of ports
> net: mscc: ocelot: error checking when calling ocelot_init()
> net: mscc: ocelot: refactor ports parsing code into a dedicated function
> net: mscc: ocelot: unregister net devices on unbind
> net: mscc: ocelot: deinitialize only initialized ports
> net: bridge: br_vlan_get_pvid_rcu() should dereference the VLAN
>group under RCU
> net: dsa: seville: fix some key offsets for IP4_TCP_UDP VCAP IS2 entries
> net: mscc: ocelot: fix some key offsets for IP4_TCP_UDP VCAP IS2 entries
>
>Wei Li (3):
> hinic: fix potential resource leak
> MIPS: Add the missing 'CPU_1074K' into __get_cpu_type()
> MIPS: BCM47XX: Remove the needless check with the 1074K
>
>Wei Wang (1):
> ip: fix tos reflection in ack and reset packets
>
>Wen Gong (1):
> mac80211: do not disable HE if HT is missing on 2.4 GHz
>
>Will McVicker (1):
> netfilter: ctnetlink: add a range check for l3/l4 protonum
>
>Wright Feng (1):
> brcmfmac: reserve tx credit only when txctl is ready to send
>
>Xianting Tian (1):
> nvme-pci: fix NULL req in completion handler
>
>Xiaoliang Yang (1):
> net: dsa: felix: fix some key offsets for IP4_TCP_UDP VCAP IS2 entries
>
>Xie He (3):
> drivers/net/wan/hdlc_fr: Add needed_headroom for PVC devices
> drivers/net/wan/lapbether: Make skb->protocol consistent with the header
> drivers/net/wan/hdlc: Set skb->protocol before transmitting
>
>Xin Long (4):
> tipc: use skb_unshare() instead in tipc_buf_append()
> net: sched: only keep the available bits when setting vxlan md->gbp
> lwtunnel: only keep the available bits when setting vxlan md->gbp
> net: sched: initialize with 0 before setting erspan md->u
>
>Xu Wang (1):
> ipv6: route: convert comma to semicolon
>
>Yang Weijiang (1):
> selftests: kvm: Fix assert failure in single-step test
>
>Yangbo Lu (1):
> dpaa2-eth: fix a build warning in dpmac.c
>
>Ye Bin (1):
> hsr: avoid newline at end of message in NL_SET_ERR_MSG_MOD
>
>Yonghong Song (3):
> bpf: Do not use bucket_lock for hashmap iterator
> selftests/bpf: Add bpf_{update, delete}_map_elem in hashmap iter program
> bpf: Fix a rcu warning for bpffs map pretty-print
>
>Yoshihiro Shimoda (1):
> net: phy: call phy_disable_interrupts() in phy_attach_direct() instead
>
>Yunsheng Lin (1):
> net: sch_generic: aviod concurrent reset and enqueue op for lockless qdisc
>
>Zhenyu Wang (1):
> drm/i915/gvt: Fix port number for BDW on EDID region setup

  Last update: 2020-09-28 05:19    [W:0.070 / U:0.044 seconds]