lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2020]   [Sep]   [12]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: [v10 0/4] media: vidtv: Implement a virtual DVB driver
Hi Hans and Mauro & all


>Why the dvb_ prefix? All virtual drivers just start with 'vi'.
>
>And wouldn't it make more sense to call dvb_vidtv_bridge.ko just vidtv.ko?
>Just like the other virtual media drivers?

I guess Mauro was the one to come up with the dvb_* prefix for the
kernel modules for the reasons he explicited up in this thread.

As far as dvb_vidtv_bridge.ko and vidtv_bridge.c, I just wanted to be
verbose so that people would look at this and see that it is the code
for a bridge driver, since this is also supposed to be a template.

Also because I had some trouble myself figuring out what was what when
first browsing through other dvb drivers. That said, I am 100% onboard
with renaming this to vidtv.ko or whatever seems more appropiate :)


>Yet, I agree with you that at least an alias is needed.
>earlier today, I wrote a patch with such purpose:

If you all would like to just leave this at that ^ I am also ok with it.

>For regression testing of vidtv during the daily build it would be
great if
>the contrib/test/test-media script can be enhanced to include vidtv.

Sure, I can do that if you'd like. Can you provide some tips on how to
get started? :)

>Note that this script relies on the /dev/mediaX devices to run the
tests. I
>noticed that vidtv doesn't appear to create a /dev/mediaX device, even though
>CONFIG_MEDIA_CONTROLLER_DVB=y. This is definitely something that would
be good
>to support in vidtv.

I didn't write any code for this specifically. I was under the
impression that the dvb core would create any/all the necessary files. Mauro?


>I'm thinking on something like:
>
>echo 1 >/sys/kernel/debug/vidtv/discontinuity
>
>to generate a frame numbering discontinuity
>
>and other things like that, changing S/N ratio and other parameters
>and injecting errors, in order to test the effects on user apps.

Can you provide an initial list of things you would like to see? I can
then implement these and we can go from there

When you say 'frame numbering discontinuity', do you mean having a gap
in the the TS continuity counter for a given pid?

For the s302m encoder, maybe we can add some noise to the samples?

> changing S/N ratio

Btw 'lose lock if signal goes bad' code in vidtv_tuner.c and
vidtv_demod.c does not work currently. Mainly because they expect an
array of valid frequencies to compare to and as of now there's no default.

I mean these, just to be clear:

static unsigned int vidtv_valid_dvb_t_freqs[NUM_VALID_TUNER_FREQS];
module_param_array(vidtv_valid_dvb_t_freqs, uint, NULL, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(vidtv_valid_dvb_t_freqs,
"Valid DVB-T frequencies to simulate");

static unsigned int vidtv_valid_dvb_c_freqs[NUM_VALID_TUNER_FREQS];
module_param_array(vidtv_valid_dvb_c_freqs, uint, NULL, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(vidtv_valid_dvb_c_freqs,
"Valid DVB-C frequencies to simulate");

static unsigned int vidtv_valid_dvb_s_freqs[NUM_VALID_TUNER_FREQS];
module_param_array(vidtv_valid_dvb_s_freqs, uint, NULL, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(vidtv_valid_dvb_s_freqs,
"Valid DVB-C frequencies to simulate");

static unsigned int max_frequency_shift_hz;
module_param(max_frequency_shift_hz, uint, 0);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(max_frequency_shift_hz,
"Maximum shift in HZ allowed when tuning in a channel")






> No. I meant the audio was not a sinusoidal wave after such change.

This encoder is dead simple and yet I have been struggling :/

Here is the relevant decoding code in libavcodec/s302m.c:

for (; buf_size > 4; buf_size -= 5) {
*o++ = (ff_reverse[buf[1]] << 8) |
ff_reverse[buf[0]];
*o++ = (ff_reverse[buf[4] & 0xf0] << 12) |
(ff_reverse[buf[3]] << 4) |
(ff_reverse[buf[2]] >> 4);
buf += 5;
}

I am somewhat confident that the opposite to the above is precisely what
I sent you last:

> f.data[0] = reverse[sample & 0xff];
> f.data[1] = reverse[(sample & 0xff00) >> 8];
> f.data[2] = (vucf << 4) | (reverse[(sample & 0x0f)] >> 4);
> f.data[3] = reverse[(sample & 0x0ff0) >> 4];
> f.data[4] = reverse[(sample & 0xf000) >> 12] >> 4;


Their encoder, which works perfectly of course, is:

libavcodec/s302menc.c:

for (c = 0; c < frame->nb_samples; c++) {
uint8_t vucf = s->framing_index == 0 ? 0x10 : 0;

for (channels = 0; channels < avctx->channels; channels +=
2) {
o[0] = ff_reverse[ samples[0] & 0xFF];
o[1] = ff_reverse[(samples[0] & 0xFF00) >> 8];
o[2] = ff_reverse[(samples[1] & 0x0F) << 4] | vucf;
o[3] = ff_reverse[(samples[1] & 0x0FF0) >> 4];
o[4] = ff_reverse[(samples[1] & 0xF000) >> 12];
o += 5;
samples += 2;

}

s->framing_index++;
if (s->framing_index >= 192)
s->framing_index = 0;
}

In which samples[0] and samples[1] are the same for stereo audio.

If you feel like we should only address this later I can drop this
subject but as we've both established, the encoder in v10 is flat out
wrong. Your call :)


-- thanks
-- Daniel

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2020-09-12 16:57    [W:0.050 / U:6.032 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site