SubjectRe: PATCH: rtsx_pci driver - don't disable the rts5229 card reader on Intel NUC boxes

On 04/08/2020 09:08, 吳昊澄 Ricky wrote:
> [...]

Ricky,

I don't understand why you want to completely remove the code that sets up the 1mA power saving. That code was there
even before your patch (bede03a579b3b4a036003c4862cc1baa4ddc351f), so I assume it benefits some of the Realtek card
readers. Before your patch however, rtsx_pci_init_ocp() was not called for the rts5229 reader, but the patch introduced
an unconditional call to that function into rtsx_pci_init_hw(), which is run for the rts5229. That is what now disables
the card reader.

Now, I don't know whether other cards are affected, although I don't recall seeing any reported as I searched the kernel
and ubuntu bugzillas for any analysis of the problem. I know this is not what the patch I sent does, but having thought
about it more, seems to me that the simplest fix is to skip the new call to rtsx_pci_init_ocp() if the reader is an rts5229.

If you agree, I can prepare a patch and send it to you. Whatever the solution is, it will also be needed in the stable
kernels later than 5.0.

Chris
>> greg k-h
>>
>> ------Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

  Last update: 2020-08-04 10:51    [W:0.082 / U:1.212 seconds]