SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] thermal for v5.9-rc1
On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 2:44 PM Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@linaro.org> wrote:

> ssh://git@gitolite.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/thermal/linux.git
> tags/thermal-v5.9-rc1

This was all rebased just an hour before you sent it to me.

Why?

Maybe it's how you commonly work, and I just haven't noticed before,
but it's wrong for all the reasons I've stated about a million times
now.

What makes it so hard for people to understand? What makes that "you
sent me a completely untested pull request and that's not ok" so
difficult a concept to get?

And dammit, if you do it and have a good reason to do this despite
literally *decades* of me telling people not to do that, and why it's
wrong, then you can spend the five minutes *explaining* why you do
something that is widely documented to be bad.

These commits sure as hell weren't in linux-next either.

Linus

  Last update: 2020-08-04 05:26    [W:0.053 / U:0.148 seconds]