SubjectRe: Linux kernel in-tree Rust support
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 08:28:03AM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 11:41:47AM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> > I'm working on putting together an LLVM "Micro Conference" for the
> > upcoming Linux Plumbers Conf
> > (https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/47-attend). It's not
> > solidified yet, but I would really like to run a session on support
> > for Rust "in tree." I suspect we could cover technical aspects of
> > what that might look like (I have a prototype of that, was trivial to
> > wire up KBuild support), but also a larger question of "should we do
> > this?" or "how might we place limits on where this can be used?"
> >
> > Question to folks explicitly in To:, are you planning on attending plumbers?
> >
> > If so, would this be an interesting topic that you'd participate in?
>
> Yes, I'll be there.

We actually had this dicussion a while back and there were some more
people interested in this. I'd be interested to attend this and I've
spoken with Kees and a few others about this topic at last Plumbers (I
think Greg might have been around for this informal discussion as well.
But I might be imagining things.).

Christian

  Last update: 2020-07-10 14:51    [W:0.846 / U:0.272 seconds]