SubjectSearch function in xconfig is partially broken after recent changes
Hi!

I noticed that on recent kernels the search function in xconfig is partially broken.
This means that when you select a found entry, it is not selected in the main window,
something that I often do to find some entry near the area I would like to modify,
and then use main window to navigate/explore that area.

Reverting these commits helps restore the original behavier:

b311142fcfd37b58dfec72e040ed04949eb1ac86 - kconfig: qconf: fix support for the split view mode
cce1faba82645fee899ccef5b7d3050fed3a3d10 - kconfig: qconf: fix the content of the main widget

I have Qt5 5.13.2 from fedora 31 (5.13.2-1.fc31)

Could you explain what these commits are supposed to fix?
I mostly use the split view mode too and it does appear to work for me with these commits reverted as well.

Another question is do you know how to run the qconf standalone? It appears to crash when I attempt to do so,
althought I checked that I pass correct command line to it, and use the same current directory.
I guess PATH or something is set by the makefile, but I was unable yet to find out what exactly breaks it.

This is what I see:

[mlevitsk@starship ~/UPSTREAM/linux-kernel/src]$./scripts/kconfig/qconf Kconfig
sh: /scripts/gcc-version.sh: No such file or directory
init/Kconfig:34: syntax error
init/Kconfig:33: invalid statement
init/Kconfig:34: invalid statement
sh: /scripts/ld-version.sh: No such file or directory
sh: --version: command not found
init/Kconfig:39: syntax error
init/Kconfig:38: invalid statement
sh: /scripts/clang-version.sh: No such file or directory
init/Kconfig:49: syntax error
init/Kconfig:48: invalid statement
Recursive inclusion detected.
Inclusion path:

I ended up hacking the Makefile to run gdb on xconfig and I also hacked it to add -g2 to gcc,
as it looks like CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS don't affect build of xconfig.

I tried to debug this is a bit with mixed success but still I don't see the smoking gun.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

  Last update: 2020-06-25 11:25    [W:0.085 / U:0.076 seconds]