SubjectRe: vimc: Add color descriptions to test image
Hi Helen,

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 01:36:59PM -0300, Helen Koike wrote:
> On 6/1/20 10:53 AM, Kaaira Gupta wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Currently there is no method to know if the test image generated by vimc
> > is correct (except for comparing it with a known 'correct' image). So, I
> > wanted to investigate about a possibility to add text to each color bar
> > of the generated pattern. I think currently vivid supports this
> > functionality as an optional control, so can we move it to a common
> > platform so that both VIVID and VIMC can supoort it?
>
> If it is useful I don't oppose, but I'm not sure how this is implemented
> in vivid (or if it is in tpg).
> I guess it is easier to judge from an RFC code :)

To add a bit of context, we've had incorrect code in qcam (libcamera)
for months, with the RGB and BGR formats swapped. I never noticed
because the test pattern doesn't immediately appear wrong when you swap
red and blue. Adding text in the colour bars to tell what colour they
should be would help visual verification of the pattern.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

  Last update: 2020-06-03 01:27    [W:2.729 / U:0.028 seconds]