SubjectRe: ofono for d4: less hcked and more working version was Re: USB networking news, ofono for d4: less hacked version
* Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> [200508 10:03]:
> Hi!
>
> > > But I might be confused. I recall some audio patches were needed for
> > > basic phone calls (setting up mixers to connect gsm<->audio), but
> > > those worked before gsmux support was enabled. (Maybe some hardcoded
> > > commands were needed to be sent to gsmmux somewhere).
> >
> > We're currently reconfiguring the TDM transport that based on the
> > unsolicited messages on dlci1. I still need to figure out how to add
> > that back while keeping the serdev-ngsm driver generic.
>
> Is it really neccessary? I believe I was simply configuring codecs for
> voice call and left them like that.

Yes something needs to call set_tdm_slot() for voice calls. AFAIK we have
only the dlci1 messages indicating a voice call is happening.

So I got that added directly into the snd-soc-motmdm driver where it now
listens to notifications on dlci1 while we still have /dev/gsmtty1 for
userspace. Looks like I still need to fix the mixer controls before I can
test voice calls again though.. Will post the patches as soon as I get
that done.

I'm not yet sure what's the preferred way to do notifications with ALSA,
but based on the earlier comments the piece of code calling set_tdm_slot()
should not be the codec driver. Instead, it should be called by either
snd-soc-audio-graph-card or a custom card driver for the device.

> I pushed new version of ofono: I'm still not sure about those incoming
> sms (but _some_ sms are received). Rest should be better.

OK

Regards,

Tony

  Last update: 2020-05-09 15:58    [W:0.042 / U:1.180 seconds]