SubjectRe: [v1] drm/msm: add shutdown support for display platform_driver
Hi Krishna,

On 2020-05-28 14:08, Krishna Manikandan wrote:
> Define shutdown callback for display drm driver,
> so as to disable all the CRTCS when shutdown
> notification is received by the driver.

Would be nice to add some more context for adding this shutdown callback
something like below:

If the hardware is still accessing memory after SMMU translation is
disabled
as part of smmu shutdown callback, then the IOVAs(I/O virtual address)
which
it was using will go on the bus as the physical addresses which will
result
in unknown crashes (NoC/interconnect errors on QCOM SoCs).

PS: Credits for description: Robin Murphy

Thanks,
Sai

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a
member

  Last update: 2020-05-28 10:59    [W:0.055 / U:7.496 seconds]