SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] 9p update for 5.7
Matthew Wilcox wrote on Mon, Apr 06, 2020:
> POSIX may well "allow" short reads, but userspace programmers basically
> never check the return value from read(). Short reads aren't actually
> allowed. That's why signals are only allowed to interrupt syscalls if
> they're fatal (and the application will never see the returned value
> because it's already dead).

I've seen tons of programs not check read return value yes but these
also have no idea what O_NONBLOCK is so I'm not sure how realistic a
use-case that is?

The alternative I see would be making pipes go through the server as I
said, but that would probably mean another mount option for this; pipes
work as local pipes like they do in nfs currently.

--
Dominique

  Last update: 2020-04-06 18:56    [W:1.383 / U:0.692 seconds]