SubjectRe: [v3] checkpatch: add dedicated checker for 'Fixes:' tag
>> * Do you try to extend the existing software analysis approach “GIT_COMMIT_ID”?
>>
>> * Would you like to avoid the development of duplicate Perl code?
>
> Fixes: lines don't need to have a "commit" prefix before the commit id, the description
> in normal commit id could across multiple lines, and we don't need to consider the
> $commit_log_possible_stack_dump for 'Fixes:' tag line.

It can be helpful to know such differences.

> I mean it will make the GIT_COMMIT_ID code become harder to read and maintain.

This view depends on some factors.

* How many data processing can be shared for your software extension?

* Do you get any further development ideas from a previous suggestion
by Joe Perches according to the discussion topic “linux-next:
Fixes tag needs some work in the tip tree”?
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/1/17/966
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/40bfc40958fca6e2cc9b86101153aa0715fac4f7.camel@perches.com/

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2020-04-29 17:20    [W:0.045 / U:1.276 seconds]