SubjectRe: [RFC 1/5] soundwire: bus_type: add sdw_master_device support
On 28-04-20, 08:37, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Why is it not true for everyone? How else do you get the pm stuff back
> > > to your hardware?
> >
> > The rest of the world would do using the real controller device. For
> > example the soundwire controller on Qualcomm devices is enumerated as a
> > DT device and is using these...
> >
> > If Intel had a standalone controller or enumerated as individual
> > functions, it would have been a PCI device and would manage as such
>
> If it is not a standalone controller, what exactly is it? I thought it
> was an acpi device, am I mistaken?
>
> What is the device that the proper soundwire controller driver binds to
> on an Intel-based system?

The HDA controller which is a PCI device. The device represent HDA
function, DSP and Soundwire controller instances (yes it is typically
more than one instance)

Thanks
--
~Vinod

  Last update: 2020-04-28 08:50    [W:0.092 / U:0.184 seconds]