SubjectRe: [External] Re: [v2] mm/ksm: Fix NULL pointer dereference when KSM zero page is enabled
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 10:17 PM Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@web.de> wrote:

> >> Will another fine-tuning become relevant also for this wording?
> >
> > Sorry, I don't understand what this means because of my poor English.
>
> Our language knowledge can evolve over time.
>

> > Could you explain it again.
>
> You integrated a few of my suggestions into your message selection. - Thanks.
> I wonder why you did not like the following small adjustment possibilities
> so far.
>
> to a crash … vm_mm (its …

Thanks a lot. I will fix it.

> >> Will any other tags become helpful in such a case?
> >
> > How about changing
> > "following calltrace is captured in kernel 4.19 with KSM zero page"
> > "The following calltrace is captured with the following patch applied:
> > e86c59b1b12d ("mm/ksm: improve deduplication of zero pages with
> > colouring")
> > "
> > ?
>
> I find it unlikely that such a wording alternative would be more appropriate
> while I became just curious for related development consequences around
> the usage of a longterm kernel version.
>
> Would you like to reuse the term “call trace”?

OK, I will reuse the “call trace”. Thanks again.

Anyone else have any suggestions? If not, I will post another v4 version
to fix the commit message that Markus mentioned.

--
Yours,
Muchun

  Last update: 2020-04-14 16:43    [W:0.065 / U:1.200 seconds]