SubjectRe: PCI device function not being enumerated [Was: PCMCIA not working on Panasonic Toughbook CF-29]
That's correct, I tested a bunch of the old distros including slackware,
and 2.6.32 is where the problem began.

Also, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-29s effected that we tested are the
later marks, MK4 and MK5 for certain. The MK2 CF-29 worked just fine
because it has different hardware supporting the PCMCIA slots. I have
not tested a MK3 but suspect it would work ok as it also uses the older
hardware.

Thanks for your help guys!
Trevor

On 2/25/20 7:50 PM, Michael . wrote:
> Through our own testing it hasn't worked on any of the regular Linux
> releases (both Deb and RPM varieties, and I think someone tested Arch
> or Slackware as well) after 2.6.32 .
>
> On 26/02/2020, Arvind Sankar <nivedita@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>>> Both options seems reasonable to me. Do you have time to put together a
>>> patch?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Uffe
>> The quirk is controlled by MMC_RICOH_MMC configuration option. At least
>> as a short-term fix a bit better than patching the kernel, building one
>> with that config option disabled should have the same effect.
>>
>> From the commit messages, the quirk was required to support MMC (as
>> opposed to SD) cards in the SD slot. I would assume this will be an
>> issue with the chip in any machine as the commit indicates that the
>> hardware in the chip detects MMC cards and doesn't expose them through
>> the SDHCI function.
>>
>> It looks like the quirk was only enabled by default in 2015, at least
>> upstream [1], though in Debian it was enabled in May 2010 going by their
>> git repo, maybe in 2.6.32-16.
>>
>> [1] commit ba2f73250e4a ("mmc: Enable Ricoh MMC quirk by default")

  Last update: 2020-02-26 04:13    [W:0.097 / U:0.172 seconds]